Crew Tips: How do I use Team Files on Crew?
by Samuel Rutka, on June 26, 2020
Once added, you can find Team Files under your Chats tab:
To add Files, simply follow these steps:
1. Tap into ‘Team Files’ from your Chats tab
2. Tap on ‘Add a file’ - you’ll see the option to:
- Scan documents (Note: this is currently only available to our iOS users)
- Take a photo
- Upload an existing photo
- Upload a file
3. Name the file clearly and you’ll see a green banner across the top confirming that your file has been successfully uploaded.
4. Everyone in the Organization will receive a message, e.g. “[Admin] uploaded “Vacation Policy” in the Team Files entry on their Chats tab, letting them know that a new file is available to view.
And that’s all there is to it! You can also rename or delete the file, if necessary, by tapping on the three dots that appear on the file image. Files that have pre-existing names will retain those names, and photos will be named “Photo” unless/until you rename them.
Crew customers use this feature for everything from the Employee Handbook to the Time-Off/Vacation Policy to HR documents - all great ways to share critical information with your team with just a few taps.
Note: There’s no limit to the number of files you can upload, but there is a 50MB file-size limit. A caution message will appear with very large files, giving team members notice that they may want to consider their data usage limits before opening.
What else would you like to learn about? Let us know on Twitter using #CrewTips!
READ MORE :: In case you missed last week’s post and wanted to share it with your team, check it out here: How do I add Team Files on Crew?